Monday, July 18, 2011

Heaven

This is actually off-topic — still, well, imagining heaven is a good way to spend time, sometimes. Probably when I was younger, I even believed in one.

What I'd like to tell here, is that, my imagined heaven had all people in it know one another. Not unlike the South Pacific island traditional villages.

With a little fewer than seven billion people in the world, however, even if only a thousandth get there (yes, yes, it's imaginary, but still), I don't see how that could happen.

5 comments:

estnihil said...

Filrabat wrote quite recently (I'm paraphrasing heavily) that the problem with imagining heaven is that it sounds positively boring. Human nature is something that simply cannot be satisfied for long periods of time - which is why the everlasting peace of heaven sounds quite bad, in fact. Personally if I believed in Christianity I would simply be evil in my life, but train myself to be a masochist before I die. Then hell would be an even greater heaven than heaven.

Francois Tremblay said...

No more posts? I was looking forward to what you had to say next.

Lorraine said...

Me too

Srikant said...

FT, no more, I guess. You don't allow me to say any parting words even, just like rapist-murderers.

Lorraine, Estnihil, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long. I'll try to post something this weekend. Was stuck up with family rituals past three weekends...

Francois Tremblay said...

Huh. I didn't notice this was your blog.

I didn't allow you to say parting words? How so? You are not banned from my blog. Paranoid much?